Based on the belief that health is a basic human right, MCN Foundation seeks to empower communities to take control of their health and to establish a vibrant and participatory health care system made up of communities, health workers and governments.
Knowledge is the core product of MCN Foundation’s activities. MCN Foundation implements projects to learn and then shares this evidence-based knowledge with others to increase and promote healthcare based education, empowerment and job creation in rural and developing regions.
The vision, mission and purpose will be accomplished through the following avenues:
- Increase access to basic healthcare education in rural communities.
- Address the shortage, low productivity and misdistribution of health workers in countries with the greatest need and least resources.
- Promote grassroots healthcare education: working with individuals to become or strengthen their skills as community based health workers.
- Encourage career advancement by facilitating job creation through supporting heads of households and young adults to cultivate long-term financial independence and dignity.
- Enhance education of current nurses and caregivers in rural regions to meet the increasing demand while raising income levels of those healthcare providers.
- Educate primary or first-line health givers in an efficient fashion allowing for healthier communities to immerge in less time.
- Reduce the “wait time” for nurses, advance practice nurses and physicians to become available for rural areas.
- Engage individuals in the possibilities of healthcare as a career through promotion and education.
- Apply educational content and platforms for learning in innovative blends of technologies and modalities including the content and learning information provided by collaborators and partners.
MCN Foundation is committed to the communities we serve; therefore we have a set of values that we subscribe to:
- Honor the autonomy of local communities; encourage the development of individuals, families and communities through shared initiatives.
- Develop partnerships that help a broad spectrum of cultures and geographical locales create sustainable progress and growth within their communities.
- To develop long-lasting relationships with change makers through collaborative partnerships integrating a grassroots approach to comprehensive healthcare solutions.